Spinner Card

Flying In to Say ....... Happy Birthday


Airplane Spinner Card  

A birthday card for a special little guy who will be turning four in a couple of days was the reason behind this happy little card.

I thought it would be fun to make a spinner card where the airplane spun around when the card was opened. This turned out to be a bit easier said than done!  

This was a challenge. I have never made one of these cards before and well, it took me a long, long time! From sizing the spinning airplane to getting the spinning thread attached (and keeping it attached) to the layout of the card, I feel almost like a bit of a pro with these cards!

Would I make one again......YES - they are fun and have a bit of a WOW factor!

My Process:

The Card:

Using Corel x7, I drew fluffy white clouds over a fading blue sky as the basis of my card. I added fun red stars and happy fonts.  The note card layout fits perfectly on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.  I cut out the panels and inside of the note card.  I added a bit of dimension to the stars and the plane trail with Glossy Accents and Wink of Stella.

To make the front plane and spinner, I drew a bright red plane and customized it with the number four.  Cutting out the plane for the front of the card, I embellished it with Glossy Accents to give a bit of dimension.  I then added dimensional adhesive to attach it to the front panel.   For the spinners, I made mirror imagines of the planes and cut them out.  I attached them to the silver twine with glue.

Piercing a small hole in the middle of card top and bottom, I laced the silver twine through and secured it with tape - lots of tape!   The twine allows the card to open to 90 degrees.




Using washi tape, I outlined the front of the card and then attached the front panel.  I finished the card by attaching the back panel to cover the taped end of the twine.

The Envelope:

To make the envelope, I used the same graphics for the card and used my Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Envelope punch board to cut and score the envelope.

Here is the envelope...


I think Asher will have fun with this spinner airplane card!

Comments

Popular Posts