Mid-Summer

Checking in with my garden.

This summer has been a great time for gardening.  We have had plenty of sunshine and rain. With that said, my vegetable garden has been a complete failure.  This is not due to the weather, weeds or lack of water but rather wildlife.

Here are my two biggest culprits.  They have totally enjoyed our peas, beans, kale, onions, carrot tops, etc., etc., etc.

Don't they look happy?  They should, they have full tummies and have made themselves quite at home under an apple tree.  

(Truth be told, we rather enjoy seeing these two guys!)

There is still some hope in the garden.  They have not completely eaten everything in sight.  We still have some blueberries and apples (except they do enjoy any apple that has fallen and seem to get to them before I can!) 


As you can see, the berries are nearly ready for picking.  I am thinking blueberry pie with a dollop of vanilla ice cream would be perfect!

Flowers have also been on these two guys' menu.  Luckily, they missed some of the roses, sweet peas and zinnias.  The geraniums are a different story.  Oh well, all part of the fun of summer.  Happy I was able to snap these pictures before my two deer friends got to them.




Hope you are enjoying your summer and thank you for stopping by!

Kathy

Comments

Popular Posts