Simple but Elegant

White on White Embossed Note Card  

               Perfect for a wedding, a thoughtful note, or.....



The white on white with just a pop of color makes this both an elegant and charming card.  The front panel is embossed to give texture and depth and is attached so that it appears to float on top of the card. 

To make the note card base, I constructed a top folding 4.25 x 5.5 white note card from heavy cardstock.

On to the panel, I cut a 4 x 5.25 piece of white card stock and now for me the fun began. Using a scoring board, I scored two lines 1/2 inch apart to define the sentiment area.

Next step was embossing which ended up being the most tricky part for this note card.  I chose a folder that had a non-directional and random pattern since the top portion of the panel  and bottom portion were going to be embossed seperately. To emboss, I lined up the bottom of the folder to the score line and embossed.  Turning the panel around and repeating the embossing I was able to emboss both the top and bottom of the panel.  

For the flowers and leaves, I used the die cut set Bouquet Cutting Dies from Little B Cutting Dies and embellished with a glitter gem. I love the bright pink accentuated with the light pink for such a bright pop of color. Once the flowers and leaves were attached (I used liquid glue).  I stamped the sentiment thinking of you using black ink.

I attached the panel to the front of the note card base.  For the inside sentiment, I left blank for my own personal sentiments to be added.  

Here is a close up of the card.    



While simple to make, it took me double time since I ended up having to make two cards.....I dropped my black inked stamp onto the first card and totally ruined it :(

Anyway, this note card was made for a dear aunt.  

Thanks for stopping by.

Kathy

Comments

Popular Posts