Blueberry Blossoms



Sunny Days in Seattle


Today was one of the prettiest days here in Seattle.  Unlike our typical rainy cool Aprils, we enjoyed blue skies, sunshine and warm weather. In fact, we broke high temp records.

With a couple of free hours this afternoon, I decided to grab my camera and take some pictures.  After taking my typical flower pictures, I went to inspect my blueberry patch wow! The blueberry bushes are starting to bloom!

I love this blueberry patch....we have around 20 plants.  The plants are old.  We estimate they are around 35 years old. They came with the house and the story goes the plants were rescued from an old blueberry field that was being torn out years ago.

No idea as to the varieties.  I just know that the bushes produce different types of blueberries.  I am always amazed at the different sizes, hues and flavors of berries.  The plants themselves range in size from three feet tall to around seven feet tall.



 I am excited for this year's crop of blueberries.....from the look of all the blossoms, it looks like we may have a decent crop.  (Fingers crossed!)

Thanks for stopping by!

Kathy

Comments

Popular Posts