Plaid Thank You Note


With the holidays just behind and the new year here, it is time to send thank you notes. 


For some reason, this holiday season was all about plaid! From wrapping paper to coffee mugs to even a shirt, plaids filled my holiday world.  So, still in plaid mode, I naturally came up with thank you notes that incorporated some plaid.

This note card is quick and easy and came out looking...well kind of like a Fair Isle sweater with a plaid shirt.  Love it!

To Make:

Measuring at 4.25 by 5.5 inches, this side folding note card was designed on my computer graphic program (Corel x7).  To start, I used a plaid graphic, a black border, and red lettering and printed it out onto heavy white cardstock.


Once printed, cut, and folded to form the note card, I used the Nordic Holiday embossing folder by Taylored  Expressions and embossed the white area of the note card.  



It turned out beautiful!  The embossed pattern adds a perfect dimension for this card but.....

 

it still needed a little extra something.  So, I attached a black twine bow using a glue dot to secure.  I think this added the finishing touch!


To complete the card,  I added a blank liner inside to write my thank yous and paired the card with a red envelope.  Happy with the card and even more happy that I was able to include some plaid.

Now onto writing those notes for the wonderful gifts and times shared this holiday season!

Comments

Popular Posts