A Special Thank You.....fun with black and white stripes, glitter and a computer


 What a happy, peppy card.  Love the black and white stripes with the bright pink flowers and unique inverted text.   







Inspired by a note card on Pinterest using stamping and die-cutting techniques to make the inverted text and the attached black stripes, I decided to try my hand at making my own version. My twist and interpretation would need to use digital design since I didn't have the stamps or die cuts for the text and stripes. (Flowers and greens are a different story!)



To make the card, I began with a top folding card template measuring 4.25 by 5.5 when completed.  Using a graphic program (I use Corel x7), drew black and white stripes onto my card template. This was the easy part! 




Now onto the text - - after some  experimenting, it turned out to be quite simple once I figured out how to break the text apart.  I was then able to fill and group the text together giving this inverted look!  

After lining the text over the stripes and printing out my card, I sat back and was so happy with the results!   










My next step was the flowers and leaves. I used my Sizzix and some die cuts to cut the flowers and leaves from several shades of pink, green and pink glitter card stock.  I finished by embellishing the flowers with pink rhinestones and added a bow tied from black and white baker's twine.






I think this card is a special one and turned out nice.  I will be sending it to a special niece as a thank you for an amazing Christmas packet filled with home-made kitchen essentials that she made!


 
 Thanks for stopping by.


Kathy

Comments

Popular Posts