A Birthday Card for Mariann



This card is for my sister-in-law.  She will be turning....never mind.  For her card, I wanted to use the Birthday Cake Layering stamp and die set from Hero Arts What a great set. Depending upon your choices of paper and embellishments, you will be able to use this set over and over again.  It will be a mainstay for me!

For Mariann's card, I went with black and white and a pop of red.  A bit unique with the plaid and polka dots but I love the colors and simple look of this card.

To Make
While the card does look simple, which it is, I was surprised at the different materials I used.

To begin, since I can't stamp or watercolor very well,  I relied on my computer graphic program and "watercolored" the blue background.  I printed it  onto 110 lb white card stock to make a 4.25 x 5.5 top folding note card.  

To make the cake, I began with the cake stand.  I first die cut the stand and then stamped it using Hero Arts White Unicorn ink.  (I have been die cutting first and then stamping  seems to be giving me better results).  For the plaid and polka dot cake layers,  I used paper from my stash and die cut and then stamped.  Since the paper patterns are busy and I used black ink, I added a bit of zip by using a white gel pen to color in the dots and then covered with Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents.  

For the candle, I die cut the candle from white card stock and colored in the flame and candle base.  I then added the stripes with a white gel pen and added Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to the flame.  Once dry, I glued the pieces together. and attached to the card base using dimensional foam adhesive.   I then stamped the sentiments.




For the inside I used the make a wish stamp.





Once done, I thought the card was missing something....so, I added a flower embellishment with glitter and a crystal.  Perfect!


Happiest of birthdays Mariann.

Comments

Popular Posts