Recipe Cards and Gift Envelope


Time for a birthday gift for a guy who loves to cook! 


What a fun endeavor these recipe cards were.  I needed to add a little something to the birthday present I was giving, so, I decided on recipe cards.  Kind of unusual....but, well, why not?


Planning:

As I began planning the cards, I decided to keep them simple and masculine.  By using heavy craft colored card stock with black fonts I would be able to achieve this.  Next, I decided to give some character to the cards, so I would add the different aspects of a dinner from the appetizer or starter, to the main dish, to the side dish and finishing with dessert.



Recipe Cards:

The recipe cards measure 4 x 6.  The format is simple with plenty of space for listing the ingredients and directions.  I left the back of the cards blank for additional space if needed.  





Once designed, I printed out four cards each and tied them with a thick creamy baker's twine.  


The Envelope:

Since the recipe cards were an add on to the gift I was giving, I wanted them to be given in an envelope.  Using an 8.5 x 11 sheet of brown and vanilla pinstriped card stock, I constructed a 4 x 6 envelope following the We R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 Punch Board instructions.  

To embellish the envelope, I wrapped thick baker's twine around several times.  For the tag, I printed a black rectangle with corresponding cream colored font and cut it out.   I then punched a grommet at the top of tag and tied off the twine with a knot.



All packaged up and ready to give!


Comments

Popular Posts