Something for Wyatt  - A gift for my new little nephew.



Today I am sharing the gift bag and note card that I made to welcome and honor my newest nephew Wyatt.


Inspired by the blue and white stripes on the onesie for Wyatt, I put to use my computer, scanner, die cut machine, ink stamps, scissors and glue to come up with this bright gift bag and note card.

This was so much fun to do and I think turned out pretty good. But I do have to say that I am finding a bit of irony here since I made the packaging for the gifts but the gifts themselves were purchased.  Seems like it typically is the other way around.  Oh well!







The Gift Bag


The pattern of the blue and white stripe is one I "painted" using Corel's Painter Essentials 5.  I printed the stripes onto two 12 x 12 inch white card stock sheets.    




With the sheets printed, I used the pattern Gift Boxes from SVG Cuts and my die cut machine to cut the bag panels.

.  

Following the instructions, I constructed the bag. This is a sturdy bag!  It won't have any trouble holding the gifts for Wyatt. 

With the bag completed, it was time to make the note card.

The Note Card


The note card was a bit of a challenge for me but I am quite pleased with how it turned out considering that I struggle with water color and stamping.

I began with printing narrow stripes and the sentiment onto white card stock.  For the round little bunny scene, I printed a grey edge stiched circle and stamped the scene using Avery Elle Storybook Clear stamps.  I then colored in the scene and cut out using a circle shapped die cut. I finished with adding a bit of glitter to the birds, balloon and butterflies.

A second circle was cut on the front of the card with the little bunny scene attached inside using dimensional glue dots.

I finished by writing my sentiment inside the card around the bunny scene.  If you look closely, you can see just part of the sentiment.

Once the gift card was finished. I punched a small hole in the upper left-hand side and threaded silver cording through so the note card could be hung from the ribbon.  A wonderful surprise was that the when I closed the card, the circle cut bunny scene held the card closed!

Next,  I stamped the stars, and the sentiment "Welcome Little One" onto tissue paper.


Here it is - already to go.  I am very happy with the outcome and I can hardly wait to meet little Wyatt.

Thank you for stopping by.

Kathy

Comments

Popular Posts